Thursday 17 March 2011

Fogel Family: What the World Does Not Know

This article in Arutz 7 is heartbreaking. 
 
For the past week people around the world have reacted in a hateful way regarding the massacre of the Fogel Family, without even knowing who they were,  just assuming that they were "radical settlers", and "deserved it".

Here is just one example of the kind of people they were. When the "first responders" entered the bedroom of  11-year old Yoav, they noticed a plaque above his bed with a simple prayer--written in Hebrew. 
 
The Hebrew prayer above Yoav's bed translates as follows (to English):

May it be Your will, L-rd G-d and G-d of our forefathers,
That I love every one of Israel as myself, and
To graciously perform the positive commandment of loving your neighbor as yourself.
 And may it also be Your will, Lord G-d and G-d of my forefathers,
That you cause the hearts of my friends and neighbors to love me fervently, and
That I be accepted and desirable to everyone, and
That I be loving and pleasant, and
That I be gracious and merciful in the eyes of all who see me.
As water reflects face to face, so the heart of man is to man.
And all for the sake of Heaven, to do Your will...Amen

...Baruch Dayan Ha'emet

No comments:

Israel, Jerusalem, Judaism, Zionism, Middle East, Aliyah, Conversion, and everything else that pops up