Tuesday 24 June 2014

Please Pray Tehillim to Bring Our Boys Home

Today I received an email with a request from a friend. The IDF has entered Gaza on foot to continue their search for our three missing sons.

Rabbanim have asked that we please say Tehillim perakim 20, 83,91,121,130 and 144. (The text in English is below for your convenience).

Please pass this on to all who would like join us and raise world wide prayer to Hashem for the safety of our troops as they search, and for the immediate return of our boys to the arms of their families.

Tehillim 20:
1] For the Conductor, a psalm by David.
2] May the Lord answer you on the day of distress; may the Name of the Gd of Jacob fortify you.
3] May He send your aid from His sanctuary, and may He support you from Zion.
4] May He remember all your meal offerings and may He accept your fat burnt offerings forever.
5] May He give you as your heart [desires], and may He fulfill all your counsel.
6] Let us sing praises for your salvation, and let us assemble in the name of our Gd; may the Lord fulfill all your requests.
7] Now I know that the Lord saved His anointed; He answered him from His holy heavens; with the mighty acts of salvation from His right hand.
8] These trust in chariots and these in horses, but we-we mention the name of the Lord our Gd.
9] They kneel and fall, but we rise and gain strength.
10] O Lord, save [us]; may the King answer us on the day we call.

Tehillim 83:
1] A psalm, a song of Asaph
2] O Gd, have no silence, do not be silent and do not be still, O Gd.
3] For behold, Your enemies stir, and those who hate You raise their heads.
4] Against Your people they plot cunningly, and they take counsel against Your protected ones.
5] They said, "Come, let us destroy them from [being] a nation, and the name of Israel will no longer be remembered."
6] For they have taken counsel with one accord; against You they form a pact.
7] The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, Moab and the Hagrites.
8] Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek, Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre.
9] Also Assyria joined them; they were the arm of the children of Lot forever.
10] Do to them as [to] Midian; as [to] Sisera, as [to] Jabin in the brook Kishon.
11] They were destroyed in En-Dor; they were [as] dung on the ground.
12] Make them, their nobles, as Oreb and as Zeeb, and as Zebah and as Zalmuna all their princes,
13] Who said, "Let us inherit for ourselves the dwellings of Gd."
14] My Gd, make them like thistles, like stubble before the wind.
15] As a fire that burns in a forest and as a flame that burns mountains.
16] So will You pursue them with Your tempest, and with Your whirlwind You will terrify them.
17] Fill their faces with shame, and they will seek Your countenance, O Lord.
18] Let them be ashamed and terrified forever; let them be disgraced and perish.
19] Let them know that You-Your name alone is the Lord, Most High over all the earth.

Tehillim 91:
1] He who dwells in the covert of the Most High will lodge in the shadow of the Almighty.
2] I shall say of the Lord [that He is] my shelter and my fortress, my Gd in Whom I trust.
3] For He will save you from the snare that traps from the devastating pestilence.
4] With His wing He will cover you, and under His wings you will take refuge; His truth is an encompassing shield.
5] You will not fear the fright of night, the arrow that flies by day;
6] Pestilence that prowls in darkness, destruction that ravages at noon.
7] A thousand will be stationed at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not approach you.
8] You will but gaze with your eyes, and you will see the annihilation of the wicked.
9] For you [said], "The Lord is my refuge"; the Most High you made your dwelling.
10]  No harm will befall you, nor will a plague draw near to your tent.
11] For He will command His angels on your behalf to guard you in all your ways.
12] On [their] hands they will bear you, lest your foot stumble on a stone.
13] On a young lion and a cobra you will tread; you will trample the young lion and the serpent.
14] For he yearns for Me, and I shall rescue him; I shall fortify him because he knows My Name.
15] He will call Me and I shall answer him; I am with him in distress; I shall rescue him and I shall honor him.
16] With length of days I shall satiate him, and I shall show him My salvation.

Tehillim 121:
1] A song for ascents. I shall raise my eyes to the mountains, from where will my help come?
2] My help is from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. 
3] He will not allow your foot to falter; Your Guardian will not slumber. 
4] Behold the Guardian of Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
5] The Lord is your Guardian; the Lord is your shadow; [He is] by your right hand. 
6] By day, the sun will not smite you, nor will the moon at night. 
7] The Lord will guard you from all evil; He will guard your soul. 
8] The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from now and to eternity.

Tehillim 130:
1] A song of ascents. From the depths I have called You, O Lord.
2] O Lord, hearken to my voice; may Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
3] O Gd, if You keep [a record of] iniquities, O Lord, who will stand?
4] For forgiveness is with You, in order that You be feared.
5] I hoped, O Lord; yea, my soul hoped, and I wait for His word.
6] My soul is to the Lord among those who await the morning, those who await the morning.
7] Israel, hope to the Lord, for kindness is with the Lord and much redemption is with Him.
8] And He will redeem Israel from all their iniquities.

Tehillim 144:
1] Of David. Blessed is the Lord, my Rock, Who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war.
2] My kindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield in Whom I take refuge, Who flattens peoples beneath me.
3] O Lord, what is man that You should know him, the son of man, that You should consider him?
4] Man is like a breath; his days are as a fleeting shadow.
5] O Lord, bend Your heavens and descend; touch the mountains and they will smoke.
6] Flash lightning and scatter them; send forth Your arrows and confound them.
7] Stretch forth hands from above; deliver me and rescue me from great waters, from the hands of foreigners.
8] Whose mouth speaks vanity, and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
9] O Gd, I shall sing a new song for You; with a psaltery and a ten-stringed harp, I shall play music for You.
10] Who gives salvation to kings, Who delivers David His servant from an evil sword.
11] Deliver me and rescue me from the hands of foreigners, whose mouth speaks vanity and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
12] For our sons are like saplings, grown up in their youth; our daughters are like cornerstones, praised as the form of the Temple.
13] Our corners are full, supplying from harvest to harvest; our flocks produce thousands, yea, ten thousands in our streets.
14] Our princes are borne; there is no breach nor rumor going out, nor is there a cry in our squares.
15] Praiseworthy is the people that has this; praiseworthy is the people whose Gd is the Lord.

No comments:

Israel, Jerusalem, Judaism, Zionism, Middle East, Aliyah, Conversion, and everything else that pops up